IntroSem Curriculum Development
Introductory Seminars offered in the current academic year will be automatically rolled over to create the initial roster of seminars for the upcoming academic year. This rollover process occurs annually, between January 1 and March 15.
For IntroSems offered previously but not within the last year, instructors may contact IntroSem program administrators at firstname.lastname@example.org to request renewal during the Jan-Mar window. (Alternatively, instructors or their department course admins may visit VCAIS during this same period to renew the course themselves; log-in steps below.)
Seminars new to the IntroSem curriculum should be submitted via the form on this page.
In Spring Quarter, SIS Introductory Seminars will request formal approval of new and renewed seminars from department chairs.
If your department wants to add an IntroSem during the current academic year (after the roster process Jan 1 - Mar 15), please send your request to Lauri Dietz, Associate Director of IntroSems, at email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org. Also complete the 2021-2022 new seminar webform.
Optional Steps for Renewing a Course in VCAIS, Jan 1 - Mar 15
- Confirm courses you will be offering in the next academic year.
- If a seminar has been automatically rolled over but will not be offered in the next year, please type "Not Offered" into the course title field and click save.
- Search for and renew an IntroSem offered in an earlier year that wasn't automatically rolled over for the next year.
- Note: The Create button in the VCAIS has been inactivated; instead, submit a new seminar using this form on this page.
- Special note on using VCAIS: To search, only enter a single criteria like instructor last name or subject from the drop down menu.
- If you are not able to access the database, please contact email@example.com to be added as a user.